So my friend grimmfairy gave me some sculpey to play with and I decided to try my hand at making the ravenstag from Hannibal (but cuter). For a first attempt at sculpting, I think it turned out pretty good!
First thing I did was wad up some toilet paper, tape, and wire into the general shape I wanted. Then I covered it up with the terrifyingly pink clay.
Then more wires and more clay!
Here’s a close-up shot of when it was nearly finished. By now I’ve pretty much warmed up to the idea of keeping it terrifyingly pink.
Then I managed to burn one of it’s antlers in the oven, so back to original plan of painting it over.
It got a coat of Golden carbon black, then 3 coats of Krylon matte varnish.
All the feathers got brushed with Golden blue-green interference, which doesn’t seem to photograph very well but looks very cool in person. I am quite pleased with how it turned out.